This frozen drink is the best way to rehydrate and refresh on a hot summer day! It has no added sugar, just fruit and coconut water, basil and a dash of himalayan salt. It is packed with electrolytes and keeps you well hydrated, both which are so important for your body.
The trick to make this drink boldly flavorful is to freeze the fruit! No need to add ice, just cube the watermelon and freeze. You can even add in a few frozen watermelon chunks after blending to keep your drink frozen longer, and those chunks taste really great too!
This slushy is also begging to be spiked with your favorite adult beverage if you wish! It would make a great addition to any summer party!
Watermelon Strawberry Basil Summer Slush
Watermelon Strawberry Basil Slush
- 2 cups cubed frozen watermelon
- 6 medium strawberries (if you use frozen strawberries yo may need more coconut water to blend)
- 1 cup + of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- dash of Himalayan or celtic sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender
- Blend on high, adding coconut water as you go until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately.