These Strawberry Frosting shots are sweet and berry-ful, and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. They taste just like creamy and rich strawberry frosting, but they happen to be healthy, so have a few! Made with only 3 simple ingredients, you can whip these up in 5 minutes! They are dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo.
Are you the kinda person who eats the cake or the frosting? I’ve always been a frosting gal. I’d rather lick all the frosting off a cupcake than eat the cupcake itself. Remember those birthday cakes our parents used to get us from the grocery store? The ones with the giant frosting roses or rainbows? Yes, those ones! The cake was always subpar, but the sugary creamy frosting was pure awesomeness. I would request a corner piece (extra frosting because you got 2 exterior sides, duh!) and a large frosting rose on top. The largest rose on the cake. Then I would pretty much eat all the frosting and leave the cake behind. Haha. Sooooo Gooooood….
If you are looking for a chocolate version, Chocolate Cover Katie has got that one for you! Maybe you can make a frosting shot swirl- chocolate and strawberry! Yum!
So I’ve figured out a healthy way to get my frosting fix, with only 3 ingredients and you’ll have frosting ready in under 5 minutes! No way you say?? Yes way! Your going to love them and the best part is you don’t have to feel bad about eating them!
The frosting shots are made with coconut milk/cream, which gives them the rich creamy texture. No funky additives, no strange ingredients, and they are low low low in sugar. Have one, have two, heck have THREE! Make them for a party. There sure to be a big hit.
And if you love strawberries you must try these Stuffed Chocolate Covered Strawberries complete with “Fluffy” Dip:
And wash is all down with this Red Velvet Hot Chocolate!
**If you want a more INTENSE strawberry flavor you can use this Natural Strawberry Flavor 1 Ounce by LorAnn Oils. It’s great for all sorts of things like homemade fruit chews, baked goods, and shakes. (Affiliate link)
Strawberry Frosting Shots
These Strawberry Frosting shots are sweet and berry-ful, and will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. They taste just like creamy and rich strawberry frosting, but they happen to be healthy, so have a few! Made with only 3 simple ingredients, you can whip these up in 5 minutes!
- 1 can of coconut milk or coconut cream (full fat, chilled)
- 6 frozen strawberries (fresh would work as well, thawed)
- 10-12 drops of stevia or 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (or more to your liking)
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon natural strawberry extract and Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (for more intense flavor, see link above for the one I recommend)
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add stevia and/or maple syrup and extract, mix.
- Scoop the coconut cream from the can (leaving the liquid behind) into the bowl. (The can should be refrigerated overnight.)
- Beat with an immersion blender until silky smooth.
- Use a frosting piping bag to pipe frosting into plastic shot glasses.
- Serve immediate or keep in the refrigerator.