These berry-ful popsicles are sweet, flavorful, and will help keep you hydrated this summer. Made with only 3 simple ingredients, they are easy-peasy and fool-proof. Everyone will be loving these at your 4th of July celebration!
Fourth of July is right around the corner, and I am shocked it’s already here! Why is it that once summer begins, it seems to rapidly speed up time, and the warm and sunny months fly by like a blur? Sometimes I just want to pause. Slow things down. Relish in the moment. In the sunny summer breeze. Are you with me?
The reason summer flies by may be because summer is my favorite season, and recollections of the summers of my youth are filled with fun and exciting memories. I used to look forward to sleep away camp, and I got to bring my horse, Missy, along! Not many kids can say that, right!? Another highlight were our family vacations to LBI. We would hang out beachside all day taking in some rays, go for long leisurely bike rides around the island, and go to an ice cream shop where you got served a whole song-a-long performance while you enjoyed your chocolate fudge sunday. Those were the times. Pure joy found in the simple things.
So to celebrate summer, the 4th, and all things simple I came up with some pretty delicious, refreshing, and healthy popsicles. They are perfect for kids and adults alike! They only have 3 simple ingredients so you can spend virtually NO TIME making them, and spend more time enjoying your summer, popsicle-in-hand to cool you down:) Enjoy!
Red, White and Blue Berry Popsicles
Healthy and delicious berry popsicles made with only 3 ingredients!
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries (allow them to thaw slightly to cut into quarters)
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup coconut water (more of less depending of the size of your popsicle molds)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- you’ll need a popsicle mold or 6 waxed dixie cups and popsicle sticks (or straws/ chopsticks, etc)
- Place a few strawberry pieces into each popsicle mold.
- Pour coconut water into each popsicle mold and fill 1/2 way (over the strawberry segments).
- Place popsicles into the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Remove the popsicles form the freezer.
- Add a few blueberries to each mold.
- Top off with coconut water until each mold is just about filled.
- Insert popsicle mold handle or popsicle stick.
- Place popsicles back into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- When you are ready to serve them just remove from freezer, dip in shredded coconut (optional) and serve!