This dramatic salad is my go-to dish when I need to bring something to a pot luck or BBQ! It’s different, oh-so colorful, and everyone LOVES it!
The soft, buttery, earthy beets are the heart of this magnificent salad. I love using different colors/varieties of beets (golden, red, red and white strip)to make this salad look like a work of art! You can arrange this salad on a large platter, overlapping the beets, or you also can layer it in a glass bowl for another dramatic effect (and double+ the recipe for a bowl)! This salad is quick and easy to put together once the beets are roasted (which takes some time, but is very easy!).
One warning- the candied pecans are addictive so try not to eat them all before your arrange the salad otherwise you may come up a bit short! I hope you enjoy this salad as much as I do 🙂
Note: in a pinch you can used rinsed canned (organic)beets and buy candied pecans, and have this salad together in less than 5 minutes flat!
Rainbow Roasted Beet Salad
This colorful salad is comprised of earthy roasted beets topped with goat cheese, mint, candied pecans, pomegranate seeds, and drizzled with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
- 5-6 medium to large beets
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- ½ tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Wrap each beet individually in foil and place in a 350 degree oven for about 30 min or until fork tender (will depend on the size of your beets).
- Remove beets and allow them to cool.
- Skin will easily peel off using your fingers.
- Slice the beets into thin ⅛” rounds.
- In a skillet, melt the oil or butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped pecans and stir to coat evenly.
- Add the coconut sugar and cinnamon, continue to stir, until the sugar melts evenly and coats the pecans.
- Remove the coated pecans from the heat and allow to cool.
- Arrange the beets on the platter, overlapping slightly.
- Top the beets with the goat cheese, mint, candied pecans, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic glaze on top ( and add a dash of salt and pepper if you’d like)