Brighten and green-ify your home with a cute and colorful air plant hanging garden! This is a super easy and quick DIY project that takes 5 minutes to put together and looks like a work of art. Air plants are very low maintenance too- just thoroughly immerse them in water about 2x/week and then let them dry, and make sure they get some indirect light. They do not need any soil, just rest them on top of the moss. If you want to make them truly thrive there are special fertilizers you can purchase online.
1. Hanging planter. Here are a few similar ones on Amazon. (Affiliate Link, click on the image to order)
2. Rope or string to hang the planter.
3. Styrofoam half ball (flat on one side) to fill some on the interior space. (craft store or use cut off the end of a small soda bottle.)
4. Moss- 2+ colors. (Click image to order)
5. Air plants. (You can order these ones below on Amazon, click image to order)
6. Assorted sticks (I collected mine at a nearby park)
Steps to Assemble:
1. Place styrofoam in the bottom of the planter and cover with moss. Fill up to and slightly above the opening.
2. Place your air plants on top of the moss and arrange your sticks or other natural elements as you’d like!