Cricket requested a special holiday dish this year- Schweddy Balls! Have you seen the SNL skit with Alec Baldwin? It’s on of my all time FAVORITES!
If you haven’t, well, here it is. You’ll have a good belly laugh…
These turkey meatballs are actually very healthy for your furry family members. They are made with all-natural ground turkey, ground flax, carrots, and kale, making them high in protein and packed with antioxidants. They are also super easy to make and cook in the slow cooker- just set it and forget it!
She ate them all. Every. Single. Last. One.
And best yet- this was just the test batch (which she said turned out perfect) so she gets to indulge on Schweddy Balls once again on Christmas Day!
Cricket’s Schweddy Balls
- 1 lb all-natural ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup of carrots (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of kale (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon of celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Combine the turkey, flax, carrots, kale and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Form 1.5″ balls with you hands and line the bottom of your slow cooker. (No liquid needed)
- Set to high and cook for 3 hours, or until done.
- Make sure they are cool before you serve them.