These soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are my favorite go to sweet treat when I need a pick-me-up. They are SECRETLY HEALTHY and filled with energy boosting ingredients! But shhh, don’t tell! Feed them to the fam, and nobody will suspect. In fact, they will demand some more! These babies have NO butter, NO flour, NO processed sugar, and NO eggs. Take one bite and go to cookie Heaven, then have another because you can!
You guys aren’t sick of cookie recipes yet are you? I mean who doesn’t LOVE chocolate chip cookies? Right, I thought so. NO ONE. haha.
So this week I set out to make a cookie that called for coconut oil as opposed to butter or palm shortening. I am in love with the health benefits of coconut oil. (Read more about those awesome benefits HERE!!) Did you know coconut oil can help curb your appetite and boost your metabolism? And it provides a nice dose of healthy energy in the form of medium-chain triglycerides.
The other main ingredient in these super moist and melty cookies is almonds. Everybody knows how good almonds are for your healthy. They are full of healthy fats and protein, making them a first rate energy source.
So together almonds and coconut oil are a healthy energy match made in heaven, and they also happen to make a spectacular cookie!
I promise you are going to love these, so I recommend you make a double batch!
Chocolate Chip Cookie “Energy” Cups
- 1 cup almond flour (I recommend Wellbee’s)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine and mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix to form a dough
- Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough into each mini muffin/cupcake tin compartment and press the dough down to compact it. (you also can use a regular muffin tin, but use 2 tablespoons of dough.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove, let cool, then enjoy. (remove them from the tin by carefully dislodging them with a knife.)